No Products in the Cart
WAS THE JAPANESE ATTACK ON PEARL HARBOR INEVITABLE?
It's November 1941. Japan and the US are teetering on a knife-edge as leaders on both sides of the Pacific strive to prevent war between them. But failed diplomacy, foiled negotiations, and possible duplicity in the Roosevelt administration thwart their attempts.
Drawing on now-declassified original documents, Diplomats & Admirals reveals the inside story of one fateful year, including:
- How the hidden agendas of powerful civilian and military leaders pushed the two nations toward war
- The miscommunications, misjudgments, and blunders that doomed efforts at peace
- China's role in the US ultimatum that triggered the attack on Pearl Harbor
- Why the carrier-to-carrier showdown at Coral Sea proved a fatal mistake for Japan
- How courageous US navy pilots snatched victory from defeat at the Battle of Midway
The defining events of WWII could have ended very differently. Combining perspectives from both military and civilian leaders, Diplomats & Admirals uncovers new insights into the Pacific naval battles that shaped the world-and the men behind them.
|Color:||Blue, Purple, White|